Remote programming assist we strive to bring the latest breakthrough technology
Signia Telecare Smart Phone APP
Virtual Audiology Remote Hearing Aid Service Via Your Mobile Phone
A Certified Audiologist in Your Pocket
Using Signia/Siemens Telecare
Remote Programming Assist
At Port Jeﬀerson Hearing we strive to bring the latest breakthrough technology to our patients. Remote programming assist is now available at Port Jefferson Hearing.
What is Remote Programming?
When our patients take home their hearing aids for the first time we pair their aids to an APP on their cell phone and create a portal on our oﬃce PC. This connection allows us to remotely log into the patient's cell phone and adjust their hearing aids when needed. No need to come back to our office!
Signia/Siemens Telecare has many advantages:
- The patient can do daily listening exercises on their "MyHearing APP". These exercises may involve how one is doing in background noise. The patient rates their performance and this information is seen on the portal by the Audiologist.
- Video chat or text messaging is available for both the patient and the Audiologist to communicate any issues that may occur while "Test Driving Hearing Aids".
- Oﬃce hours for your Virtual Audiologist are posted on the patient's APP. This allows time for solving issues which may include remote programming on the patient's hearing aids or a video chat.
Benefits of Telecare Virtual Audiology Remote Service:
- Snowbirds do not have to worry about who is going to assist them if problems arise when they are away from home for the winter months.
- Any patient that may be a distance from our oﬃce and cannot make the long drive will now have the ability to purchase and have the convenience of our Virtual Remote service.
- Less scheduled oﬃce visits. New patients that may need immediate assistance get it fast. Many of the common issues that arise when initially trying out their new hearing aids may be solved quickly.
Virtual Audiology TeleCare Video Call
COVID-19 NOTICE - CLOSED Until May 1st 2020
It's an uncertain and unprecedented time for us all, both as medical practice owners and as members of our communities.
The continually developing situation with COVID-19 has undoubtedly been on all of our minds, and we share your desire to do whatever we can to help our patients, and our families stay safe and well.
Port Jefferson Hearing has always followed strict Infection Control Policy. Please be advised that we continue to follow the procedures and we have added more in light of the current pandemic
Our Infection Control Policies:
- All surfaces are sanitized in between appointments in treatment rooms.
- All scheduled patients are staggered so we have NO GROUPS of people in our waiting room (only 1 patient is seen for their time slot. There are No Patients scheduled 15 minutes Before and After each appointment.)
- All surface areas in the waiting room and bathroom are sanitized.
- No shaking hands or hugging patients.
- We ask all patients to wash their hands upon arrival.
- No magazines in waiting room.
- Please bring your own pen.