Remote programming assist we strive to bring the latest breakthrough technology
Signia Telecare Smart Phone APP
Virtual Audiology Remote Hearing Aid Service Via Your Mobile Phone
A Certified Audiologist in Your Pocket
Using Signia/Siemens Telecare
Remote Programming Assist
At Port Jeﬀerson Hearing we strive to bring the latest breakthrough technology to our patients. Remote programming assist is now available at Port Jefferson Hearing.
What is Remote Programming?
When our patients take home their hearing aids for the first time we pair their aids to an APP on their cell phone and create a portal on our oﬃce PC. This connection allows us to remotely log into the patient's cell phone and adjust their hearing aids when needed. No need to come back to our office!
Signia/Siemens Telecare has many advantages:
- The patient can do daily listening exercises on their "MyHearing APP". These exercises may involve how one is doing in background noise. The patient rates their performance and this information is seen on the portal by the Audiologist.
- Video chat or text messaging is available for both the patient and the Audiologist to communicate any issues that may occur while "Test Driving Hearing Aids".
- Oﬃce hours for your Virtual Audiologist are posted on the patient's APP. This allows time for solving issues which may include remote programming on the patient's hearing aids or a video chat.
Benefits of Telecare Virtual Audiology Remote Service:
- Snowbirds do not have to worry about who is going to assist them if problems arise when they are away from home for the winter months.
- Any patient that may be a distance from our oﬃce and cannot make the long drive will now have the ability to purchase and have the convenience of our Virtual Remote service.
- Less scheduled oﬃce visits. New patients that may need immediate assistance get it fast. Many of the common issues that arise when initially trying out their new hearing aids may be solved quickly.