Intense loud sounds damage the hair cells in the inner ear (cochlea) and this if often a permanent nerve hearing loss.
Hearing Protection Devices
Custom Fit Hearing and Ear Protection Earplugs
Your hearing is valuable. Protect it! Hearing loss from noise exposure is preventable. Approximately 36 million Americans have hearing loss and 33% is related to noise exposure. We perform in-house hearing tests to diagnose a noise induced hearing loss. Dr. Martinetti, Board Certified Audiologist, will then prescribe the best custom hearing protection device that fits your individual needs.
Our Hearing Protection
Products & Services
- Custom Fit Musicians Ear Plugs – 9, 15, or 25 dB Filters
- Industrial Noise Protection Solutions
- Hunters Electronic and Passive Noise Canceling Devices
- Motorcycle Hearing Protection
- Custom Headphones
- Custom Ear Buds for all MP3 Players, iPods and Apple Products
- Wireless Music Related Products
- Floating Swimming Ear Molds – Custom Molded in all Colors
- Comfortable Molded Earplugs for Snorers (or their spouses!)
- 30 Years Experience Taking Ear Impressions
- Authorized Dealer for Top Manufactures like Westone and Microsonic
Hearing Protection Tips
- Keep the volume comfortable and never higher than 50% volume
- Limit your listening time
- If others can hear your music while you listen thru your ear buds: Your Volume is Dangerously High!
For Music Lovers
- Always wear custom hearing protection and electronic earmuffs
- Choose a lower caliber when target shooting
- When hunting use an electronic hunting hearing protection device
For Recreational Firearms
Port Jefferson Hearing has added Lantos Ear Scanner
Benefits of Lantos Ear Scanner
- Captures Ear Impressions less than 2 minutes per with improved comfort
- No More silicone impressions
- Significantly improved Earmold Fit to reduce risk of feedback
- Digital Impressions are Stored in a Cloud To Order any type of Custom Product:
- Hearing Aid Earmolds
- In the Ear Hearing Aids
- Custom Plugs for:
- Hearing Protection: Noise/Music
- Music Monitors
- Electronic Noise Reduction for Hunters
High Risk Groups
for Noise Induced Hearing Loss
- Workers in continous noise greater than 85dB SPL
- Heavy equipment construction workers
- Receational Firearms: Range and Hunting
- Musicians and Rock Concert Attendees
- Excessive use of Media devices at loud levels
- Motorcycle Enthusiasts
Port Jefferson Hearing Aid Value Pricing
(Includes all adjustments)
(Includes all adjustments)
Signia, Oticon, Phonak, ReSound, Unitron Pricing Per Set of 2
Please Note: Phonak: Additional $1,000 per Technology Level
Custom Ear Mold Pricing:
Hearing Aids: $150.00 each
Music: $179.00 per set
Noise Protection/Swim: $149.00 to $179.00 per set
Lantos 3–D Ear Scan Fee add: $50.00
(Scan fee included with Hearing Aid Ear Molds)
Remotes, TV Streamers, Remote Mic-Phone Transmitters
Pricing Ranges $150.00 – $375.00
Frequently Asked Questions about Noise Induced Hearing Loss and Protecting Your Hearing
How does loud and intense noise cause hearing loss?
What Sounds are Harmful?
Sounds are measured in decibels. Loud sounds, 85dB or higher can cause permanent noise induced hearing loss. Loud "one time" explosions or impulse sound from firearms can cause immediate hearing loss. A leaf blower, at 115 decibels, can damage unprotected hearing in just 30 seconds. See Noise Thermometer Above.
What are the symptoms of noise induced hearing loss?
- Muffled sounds
- Difficulty hearing young children or women's voices
- Lacking clarity of speech
- Difficulty hearing in background noise
- Ringing in the ears
Which professional is the most qualified to help you with hearing protection?
The Doctor of Audiology is the most qualified and experienced hearing healthcare provider to test and care for your noise induced hearing loss.
Should I test my teenager's hearing?
Yes, noise induced hearing loss among teenagers today is 30% higher than 10 years ago. Listening to iPods and MP3 players at high volume can lead to hearing loss. This is often exacerbated by long listening durations.
Should I test my hearing if I have been exposed to loud noise?
Yes, especially if you are in a "high risk" group. The test is easy and inexpensive. Do not risk a lifetime of hearing loss.
Covid -19 Policies-Procedures
Feel Safe and Comfortable with our Infection Control Program
Watch Our Covid 19 Infection Control Video
- No Walk - Ins Allowed
- All Office Visits Require Appointments
- Repairs and Batteries Require Appointment time slot.
- All scheduled patients are staggered so we have NO GROUPS of people in our waiting room (only 1 patient is seen for their time slot.)
- Patients are scheduled 15 minutes Before and After each appointment.
- All surface areas in the waiting room and bathroom are sanitized before and after each patient visit.
- Face Masks are Required
- Upon Arrival please call and wait in your car
- We will greet you at the Front door
- No gloves allowed
- Hand sanitizer available upon entering office
- Please bring a Pen